Categories

Saturday 26 February 2011

Where can I practice my English? Mana saya boleh practice English saya?

There are a few places that I can think of where you can practice your English without fear:
Ada beberapa tempat saya boleh fikirkan dimana anda boleh berlatih bahasa Inggeris:

1. McDonald's - I would like to have the number 1 set, please.
Saya mahu set nombor 1.

2. Starbucks - Can I have a cafe latte? (ka-fey la-tey), Can I have it without the whip cream please?
Boleh saya dapatkan kopi susu? Boleh saya dapatkan ia tanpa krim putar?

3. Any fast food chains or making orders online  - Do you have any promotion today?
Mana-mana kedai makanan segera atau ketika membuat tempahan online - Anda ada apa2 promosi hari ini?

4. Restaurants (I think kopitiam is still ok) - We like to place our order/ We are ready to order.
Kami mahu membuat tempahan./ Kami sedia untuk menempah.

5. At the bank - Hi, is this the correct form for...?
Hi,adakah ini borang yang betul untuk...?

6. Buying movie tickets, concerts - Do you still have tickets for I am Number Four?
Masih ada tiket lagi untuk I am Number Four?

7. Making room reservation at the hotel - Do you have a connecting room on the same floor?
Anda masih ada bilik bersambung di tingkat yang sama?

8. SHOPPING :D - Can I get this in a different colour? Is there a size 2?
Boleh saya dapatkan ini dalam warna lain? Ada tak dalam saiz 2?

and you can also practice with children! dan anda boleh berlatih dengan kanak2!

Places that you should avoid if you are a beginner. Tempat anda patut elak sekiranya anda baru bermula:

1. Hair salons are not the best place for you to practice your English
Salun gunting rambut
Salon= se-lon maksudnya sebuah ruang yang digunakan untuk perniagaan dsbgnya
Saloon = se-lun tempat minum arak, macam dalam cerita western mat salleh

2. Dentist, doctors, pharmacist
Doktor gigi, mana2 doktor, ahli farmasi

Good luck and keep on practicing!

1 comment :

Unknown said...

thanks for your suggestion